Declaration of user's functionality
User Role enables functionality for the user it is assigned to. Each Role corresponds to a specific scope of system functionality and incrementally extend user's capabilities.
The Roles are
- Data Manager
- Dashboard Designer
We take privacy and confidentiality very seriously. No one Role including "Administrator" and "Supervisor" grants access to other users' data.
"Viewer" is a basic Role granted to every user on registration. It gives a user the right to log in into the system and access data shared by other users. Withdrawal of this privilege blocks user's profile and prevents him from login into DATATILE.
Following functionality is available for a user having Administrator Role:
- Manage global branding for the server: logo, favicon, colors, etc.
- Configure messaging, the way the server sends notifications to users.
- Password policy
"Administrator" doesn't provide rights to manage users, access or upload data.
- Browse user directory
- See users activity
- Grant and withdraw roles from users
- Block and delete users
- Organize users in teams
Note. A supervisor can manage users but not their data. The privileged user can block or delete other users but under no circumstances acquire access to their data besides the owner's explicit consent.
Data Manager can configure datasets which have been shared with him with "Can edit" permission.
The functionality of Data Manager
- Create datasets by uploading files in supported formats
- Analyze raw, aggregated or retail data
- Manage, edit and organize metadata into a hierarchy
- Create new logical features out of existing data
- Restrict access to particular variables and categories within data
- Declare and manage multi-response groups of questions
- Reload or append data for tracking or syndicated studies
This Role solely doesn't allow the user to upload datasets but enables the following functionality for the user:
- Create and share dashboards
- Manage and configure owned or shared dashboards
- Publish and charts, tables or visualizations from any available data sets on the dashboards
- Publish openly owned dashboards
Following functionality become available for the user:
- refine and code open-ended questions
- visualize textual data on Word Cloud diagrams
- split respondent's answers into multiple responses
- create reusable coding dictionaries