Adding calculated row or column
Before you begin, ensure that Calculator is enabled for your database.
You can add calculated rows or columns to your crosstab.
It works similar to Excel but instead of particular cells, in DATATILE you operate by rows or columns.
- Open CALC dropdown list
- Select Row or Column as a side where you want to add the calculation.
- In the pop-up window enter arithmetic formula
- In the formula, you can reference other rows/columns by their labels in the headers.
- You can use figures, simple arithmetic operations */+, grouping ( ... ) and reference.
- Available aggregation are AVG, COUNT, SUM, MIN, MAX.
Aggregations automatically applied to all "material" rows/columns that are derived from the statistical calculation of the crosstab. It ignores other arithmetically calculated rows/columns.
So you don't need to explicitly reference inputs for the aggregation functions.
- COUNT - the number of "material" rows/columns in the table.
- SUM of the values in the relevant columns/rows
- AVG - average, is the shortcut for the SUM/COUNT
- MIN and MAX - minimal and maximal values in the corresponding columns.
Tip. Aggregations are notedly important on dashboards, where rows or columns could be unpredictably substituted by controls. Any strict formula would fail but aggregations successfully survive volatility of the table.